79 Albert Street N (circa early 1860s)
This Georgian clapboard house with six-over-six sash windows, and the front porch positioned on the left side, may have already been on the property purchased in 1867 by Frederick Proudfoot, a Southampton barrister. In 1885 the Anglican Church purchased it from Proudfoot for $800.00. Letters of the time describe a house “in excellent condition…well painted and papered and with stables, an orchard, and a garden.” The famous poet William Wilfred Campbell ("Along the line of smoky hills, the crimson forest stands ... ") lived in this house from 1890-91, while serving as the Anglican minister. It was later occupied by George Clifford Huston, the school principal after whom the elementary school is named.